- Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
Jesus saw the faith of the men who brought the sick person and responded by forgiving the man’s sin.
They came. This was all the verse shows us. This is the simplicity of the message of Grace.
We are not told that they did anything extra. They simply brought the sick man to Jesus.
Jesus recognised this action of coming and bringing the man as faith. And he placed no other requirement. It was their response to what they had heard?
Why did they come? Had they heard of Christ? Were they absolutely sure or just trying out the Lord?
Either way we can be certain that they knew Christ held the power in his hands to heal the man. He didn’t turn them back nor scold them for spoiling another man’s roof.
We must not stand for any obstacles placed between us and Christ. Whether man-made traditions or demon doctrines. We must tear them down and enjoy our Christ.
So they came. But instead of healing the man’s body, he spoke to his soul: “Son be of cheer, you are forgiven”
Sin and a consciousness of sin tends to death and entropy. Be of cheer, Christ says… Cause Joy brings strength.
In His presence there is fullness of Joy. We can live free of fear and full of faith because there is no condemnation.
- A spirit of condemnation robs us of rest both physically and spiritually. Unrest in our spirits tends to turmoil in our body.
The entropy of the body can be traced to the soul. Don’t you realize that the Word says that the Spirit can quicken your mortal body? This Spirit is a spirit of Joy.
For surely the Joy of the Lord is our Strength. Why are we cheerful in this era of the New Covenant? It is because Christ HAS forgiven us. God doesn’t remember or see our sin!
Be of cheer you are forgiven!!!
- Life Lessons Learnt
1. Don’t allow anyone place any set of steps between you and Grace. God loves you and ALREADY gave! Even without asking. Your response is what God SEES as faith.
2. Seek to renew your mind (soul) with the understanding that you are ALREADY forgiven. No condemnation means No stress. No stress means No sickness. The quickening power of the Spirit flows in the arena of Grace.
3. Simply COME. You have no need to apply makeup or brush your dishevelled hair. The proof of Coming is change. Note this that everyone who CAME to Christ and received what He gave always left CHANGED.
Shalom!! And Be of Cheer.
Please like our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/blarrqwyat